Posts Tagged ‘stag party’
We all know that Montreal’s nightlife offers an endless amount of ways to get, well, hammered, but few best men think to properly plan the hangover portion(s!) of their Montreal bachelor getaway.
While it might seem “funny” while you are sitting at home with your buddies to plan to bungee jump or white water raft at 9am the morning after, no one will be laughing that morning. In fact, let’s face it, no one will be up, period; but when they are, the only extreme sports-related topic on their mind will be Gatorade.
Top 3 Hangover Cures for Montreal Bachelor Parties
1. Greasy and/or Topless Breakfast
Yep, that’s right—you can have your eggs sunny side up at one of Montreal’s topless breakfast establishments, the perfect transition for those mornings after that still feel like the night before—or that you would like to feel like the night before. Noted topless breakfast eateries like Chez Lidia, Les Princesses Super Sexy, Les Courtisanes aren’t fancy, but then again, neither are you after a night of debauchery.
If your priority is food quality over cup-size quantity, try one of Montreal’s many greasy spoons like local favorites Cosmos and Mo’s.
2. Spa it up Man Style
I know what you’re thinking, and, oh yes, Montreal has those types of spas, too!
Seriously though: c’mon, you’re in open-minded Montreal, so why not indulge in a little “metro” man pampering? Nothing’s better to cure a hangover (not to mention get ready for the beautiful ladies of “Montreal VIP clubbing: Round 2”) then go for classy and modern men’s grooming haven MANN’s, or to bond with the boys the classic bath house way (not like that!), stagger over to sleek, modern, and soothingly serene Scandinave des Bains.
Need another reason? Not only with the fiancée just love that you did it, but it sure will be handy to have some details about your Montreal bachelor party to tell her about that aren’t rated R & up.
3. Fresh Air at Tam-Tams or Jean Drapeau Park
On summer Sundays in Montreal the park options are in full bloom: Witness the spectacle of large congregations of drum-players, hippies, and dancers (prettiness a possibility but not guaranteed!) at Tam-Tams in stunning Mount Royal Park. Or, if you are planning on hitting up the Casino de Montreal or La Ronde, why not spend a couple of hours beforehand recovering in nearby Jean Drapeau Park, with breathtaking views of both Montreal, and, after 2pm, gorgeous local girls dancing it up at Piknik Electronik, a huge outdoor music festival that happens weekly!
Hangovers are an inevitable a consequence of bachelor parties as paranoid fiancées, so while you are planning on coming to party it up in the Montreal nightlife, be prepared to be there hungover.
During a Montreal bachelor party, mingling with the drop dead gorgeous women at the Montreal night clubs is probably something you hope to do. This is true regardless of whether your intentions are pure or…not so much. Some quick tips for success include:
- Not revealing the bachelor’s identity to everyone: Trust us, he’ll thank you.
- Consulting the “FF” rating before making a final decision about which Montreal night clubs to visit
- Asking Montreal VIP for recommendations: We’re pleased to share our up-to-the-minute knowledge about the places with the hottest girls with our clients.
- Using the divide and conquer method: Try splitting up and approaching women individually or in pairs. How would you feel if you saw 10 ladies walking toward you at once? Yeah…well..men and women are different.
Check out our Montreal bachelor party packages, which include VIP access to clubs packed with gorgeous ladies!
Another season has begun, have you booked your bachelor party in Montreal. Do you know why you want to head to Montreal for this event?
As one of the top rated destinations in the world for a bachelor party, and that it is so accessible and inexpensive, makes it the obvious choice for many.
When you head to Quebec, most if not all members of your Montreal bachelor party will likely enter the province with a cell phone. In a perfect world, everyone would leave these annoying devices at home and enjoy the freedom of being disconnected for a while. That’s not going to happen, but there are some rules of cell phone etiquette that should be observed during Montreal bachelor parties:
• Checking in during a Montreal bachelor party should be limited: You came to Montreal to have fun, not answer a million questions every five hours from the jealous girls at home. A couple of cell phone calls during the Montreal bachelor party should be sufficient. More than once a day is way too much.
• When you’re going out to enjoy the Montreal nightlife, the phone stays behind: That also goes for Montreal strip clubs, Montreal restaurants, activities, etc. Nothing is that important it can’t wait until you get back to your Montreal hotel room.
• No drunk dialing: She’s mad anyway, so don’t call her at three in the morning after a dozen tequila shots to tell her all about your night at the Montreal strip clubs. Can you say stupid?
• No background noise: When someone’s checking in during a Montreal bachelor party, do him a favor and just stay quiet. No shouting incriminating things and no trying to make him laugh.
Following these rules yourself and sharing them with others will ensure cell phones are used appropriately (and ideally sparingly) during your Montreal bachelor party. For help with every other aspect of this once-in-a-lifetime celebration trust Montreal VIP.
Admit it…at least once in your life you’ve had a genius plan that ended in disaster. Well, here’s another “brilliant” idea that sounds good in theory but rarely goes smoothly: having a co-ed Montreal bachelor/Montreal bachelorette party. There are so many reasons why these two momentous celebrations shouldn’t be combined…
Women (like elephants) never forget: So you had a tad too much to drink and got a little obnoxious. Or maybe you flirted with a bartender at a Montreal nightclub. Guys won’t even remember the stupid things their fellow Montreal bachelor party attendees did in a month. (Or if they do, they’ll have the good manners not to mention them). If a guy’s wife or girlfriend is there to witness it you can bet she’ll still be bringing it up in 20 years.
The whole “doing your own thing” thing won’t happen: You might say the two groups can go their separate ways for much of the getaway. Perhaps you’re envisioning the guys heading to the Montreal stripclubs while the Montreal bachelorette party ladies go to a club or relax in the Montreal hotel suite. Reality check…you’re delusional.
Women talk: The code of silence seems to be an unfamiliar concept to most women. Information that was supposed to be top secret will get out…you can bet on it.
If you bring the gals along for your Montreal bachelor party, you’re taking your chances. The best decision is to leave them behind. It’s the only way to ensure you’ll get to experience those legendary full-contact lap dances at the Montreal stripclubs. Otherwise, you might only get to walk by them on your way to the ballet.
Planning Surprises for the Groom During a Montreal Bachelor Party: Which Ones are Okay and Which Ones go Too Far?June 10, 2011
Planning Surprises for the Groom During a Montreal Bachelor Party: Which Ones are Okay and Which Ones go Too Far?
Surprises are an important part of many Montreal bachelor parties. It’s fun to watch the groom squirm a little while he tries to anticipate exactly what’s in store for him. That being said, there are some surprises that are okay and some that are simply too much.
Surprise guests: During a bachelor party in Montreal, you can surprise the groom with one or more unexpected attendees.
Okay: Anybody on the groom’s guest list is fair game…a cousin, a college buddy, or a childhood pal.
Too far: Having the groom’s ex-girlfriend or soon-to-be bride jump out of a cake seems hilarious when you see it on television, but in real life it could ruin the entire weekend.
Surprise female entertainment: If you know the groom is okay with Montreal stripclubs and dancers, you should definitely consider one or more surprises in this category.
Okay: Hiring a Montreal stripper to come to your Montreal hotel room, arranging for a special stage show at a Montreal stripclub, purchasing an adult entertainment option from Montreal VIP, or just letting the groom enjoy a few lap dances on his buddies are all fantastic ideas.
Too far: Hiring a “working girl” is usually not an acceptable surprise. Remember, most grooms have no intentions of actually cheating on the bride. This surprise will make for a really awkward situation.
Surprise activities: The groom can be kept in the dark about some or all of the itinerary details.
Okay: Feel free to plan anything you know the groom would enjoy.
Too far: Steer clear of mean-spirited surprises. For example, if the groom is terrified of water don’t plan a white water rafting expedition.
Montreal is a city where you can find bargain basement accommodations and royal suites that will run you hundreds per night. When you’re choosing a Montreal hotel for a Montreal bachelor party, should you be looking to scrimp or splurge? Here are some questions that can help you decide:
• Place to flop or oasis away from it all? As the organizer of the Montreal bachelor party, you know your group best. Are you likely to sit in for an evening and sip champagne or will you constantly be on the go? If you just plan to use your Montreal hotel to shower and sleep off your hangover from the night before, you can probably get away with spending less on this aspect of your Montreal bachelor party.
• Pick-ups permitted or all-guys getaway? Are there any single guys in your Montreal bachelor party group (or guys planning to act single in the city)? If there’s a chance your Montreal hotel room might be used for intimate encounters you better make sure it’s a nice one.
• Big spenders or budget-conscious guys? If the finances for your Montreal bachelor party are a little tight, budget accommodations are an excellent way to save money. On the other hand, if money is no object why not rest easy in a presidential suite during your trip?
Our Montreal hotel guide features Montreal hotels ranging from basic two-star Montreal hotels to opulent five-star architectural wonders. If you need some help, Montreal VIP can also recommend higher-end Montreal hotels for your Montreal bachelor party group that are conveniently located downtown and suitable for the VIPs that make up our clientele.